As Hallow’s Eve approaches, the evil spirit of the Plague Doctor has returned to the university to continue his… extracurricular studies.
All doctors need to get their PhD and this one is no exception.
Find various parts of the doctor’s history and activities by searching throughout the university by following the cryptic clues provided.
The event lasts the whole week, beginning Monday 25th October and finishing on Hallow’s Eve, Sunday 31st October.
There are 24 checkpoints to find in total between Hervanta and Central Campus, those that find at least 5 will be awarded a patch, and those quick with both their wits and on their feet may just find some extra prizes at checkpoints more difficult to find.
- Some mysterious posters have appeared in the university hallways.
- The rain has recently exposed some small skeletons that were once buried in sand. Investigate sandy locations and report your sightings to PC001D.
- The entity appears to corrupt electrical equipment. Some students have reported hearing unusual music near some basement. It might have dropped some of its belongings there.
- This “Doctor” has brewed concoctions on campus. The entity cannot have access to the labs, so it must have done it somewhere else! Find the Doctor’s chemical stash and report it to PC001D.
- Where did Mikko go? Let’s ask the hecking banana flies!
- Weren’t rats somehow related to the plague…?
Rumour has it that a family of grey rats lives somewhere in the main building’s basement.
- According to History, plague doctor’s used dried flowers in their mask’s beak to ward off miasma.
It’s also handy when visiting graves.
- The Doctor might have demonic origins. His summoning requires a large concentration of crystals.
Locate his summoning circle and report it to PC001D.
- If rats were not the answer, then maybe bugs are!
Fleas are bugs… right? Now, where can I find bugs…?
Maybe under some stairs…?
- P̸̋ ̵̕ ͆̑5̸́7̶͛/̴̆5̸̾9̵̔ This hint was corrupted by the entity and could not be fully salvaged.
- Deep underground, the doctor uses his medical tools to “fix” people. The noise of rolling boards covers the screams of his patients.
- The doctor is a busy man, he will see you during your appointment. Perhaps he gave you a message of when and where that is.
- Find what it is that scared away all the hope of a healthier day. Walk the stairs to get the FINT and in the grass you’ll see a hint.
- She is a queen of them all, bloody because of your fault. Redeem yourself by finding hope in a cafe with Finnish folk.
- Papyrus was their find. Wrapped in paper you will find a mummy of this kind. Waiting for you at Cafe in Pinni is your paper mummy mini.
- The day of the dead is nearby. Our ancestors come to say hi. Greet them as they cross in the sky from Päätalo to Pinni.
- Hidden in the peace of Oasis lies the knife that killed the wife.
- They are a bunch of unhappy souls looking to scare you and score a goal. Scare them first and settle the score in Pinni B second floor.
- They spin their web to trap the flies but Aragog may say otherwise. Spinning their web in notice boards covering up all the notes.
- Take a picture and you feel someone is missing from the reel. Go to Pinni third floor to find the sticks left behind the Blaire witch.
- She is known for her brews. From magic potions to future predictions you can trust her true. Waiting for you in the quiet room. Set her free and prevent the doom.
- Lived like kings in life and death. Wrapped in silk and thread. Nothing escapes their prying eyes whether you are eating chili or fries in Linna.
- Who hides behind the darkness of the the revolving shelves? Churn it up and set them free.
- In the depths of the library basement lies the signs of gruesome crime. Find the shirt that Jack Ripper left behind.
Happy hunting, let the games begin…
What: Halloween Hunt
Where: Central & Hervanta Campus
How: Follow the clues to find the checkpoints
Facebook Event: https://tinyurl.com/HalloweenHunt2021